The Reno High Sierra Chapter of The Ninety-Nines, Inc., was founded by 15 women pilots in 1989. Today, the chapter members include private pilots, certified flight instructors, commercially rated pilots and women simply flying for the sheer joy and pleasure of it all. Many members have also earned balloon, glider and seaplane ratings.
We are involved in various community events and endeavors locally and fund annual aviation scholarships for women with our fundraiser efforts.Community service and activities include:
- Reno National Championship Air Races Booth Sales Work Fundraiser
- Airport Airmarking
- Since our charter in 1989, our chapter has raised over $120,000 for Aviation Scholarship Awards for Women & the building of an endowment fund for future scholarships
- Donated over $10,000 to 99s International
- Continue to raise funds through sales on our Mission Fish eBay site (check it out and contact us if you have a donation you wish to make)
- Wrapped 4,674 packages in our AMAZON Fundraiser
- Wigwagging for dollars at Hot August Nights (traffic direction volunteering)
- Anything flying oriented and fun!